Many people consider emergency backup solutions like a home standby generator as a luxury; however, it is something crucial and even a necessity especially if you live in an area prone to frequent power outbreaks like here in Dallas. With all of our Texas thunderstorms, there can be a power outage for days when a severe storm hits and it becomes extremely difficult to perform even the most basic house chores.
On top of that, you can incur hundreds and perhaps thousands of dollars in damage. You might need to replace the food that has gone bad or you may need to temporarily shift yourself and your family into a hotel or a motel. There are many benefits of buying a home emergency generator.
· Uninterrupted Supply
The basic function of a backup generator is to provide a steady supply of electrical power. Hence, a good house standby generator utilizes an automatic sensing switch that detects the loss of power and instantly switches on the generator. The supply is seamless and uninterrupted.
· Peace of Mind
With an emergency backup solution, you don’t have to worry about spending the night in total darkness nor worry about the food in your refrigerator. You can run your air-conditioning or heating system, washing machine/dryer, lights, television, computer, cell phone charger, etc.
· An Excellent Return on Your Investment
Although the initial cost of purchasing and installing a house backup generator is high, it proves to be cost-effective in the long run. In cases of extreme power outages, a backup generator will prevent your food from getting spoiled, thereby allowing you to save hundreds of dollars.
· They Are Easily Managed
Most home backup generators conduct self-diagnosis and provide an updated status about its state, such as oil change time, low fuel indicators, etc. Some of them can be controlled through the internet. These generators are designed to run for days after a power outage.
· Different Sizes Available
Home emergency generators are available in different power ratings which can run an entire house or just the vital section. For example, 7 to 12 kilowatt units can power up to 16 loads, while 20 to 48 kilowatt units can power the entire house.
· Automatic Isolation
The best thing about an emergency backup solution is that it isolates your house from the utility lines when the power fails. The sudden loss of power can cause voltage spikes, surges, and brownouts which can damage your appliances.
Similarly when the power returns, the backup generator will not transfer the power back to the utility till the voltage is stabilized. This is because low voltages, surges, and severe voltage fluctuation can damage your electrical appliances.
· Permanent Installation
A house backup generator is installed on a concrete pad outside your home and it is often permanent. There are no extension cords or cables that need to be run from the generator to your house. In the event of a natural disaster, you don’t have to come up with a backup plan for your energy needs and the generator operates smoothly and safely.
I would love to talk to you about protecting your home. Call me at 214-207-0506
This could have been the scene in April 26 in Dallas when we had three confirmed tornados, thunderstorms, hail and lots of damage to homes. Not to mention all the power outages that followed.
How a Home Backup Generator Can Help During Power Outages in Dallas
We have seen a lot of bad weather in 2016. April, May and June saw Tornados, Hail and of course the wonderful Texas Thunderstorms. As a result, there were many power outages which caused further damage. Dallas power outages are a nuisance and there are quite a few pitfalls related to it.
- Your food may get spoiled, because the freezers and refrigerators stop working. As a result, you may have to replace the food which can cost you hundreds of dollars.
- If it is winter and there is a power outage, the plumbing pipes may freeze up and eventually crack and burst, causing water seepage. You might have to get extensive and expensive repairs done.
- Nobody likes to sweat and stumble in the darkness; hence you might have to spend a night in a hotel or a motel, thus further burdening your wallet.
- The basement sump pump will stop working during a power outage, causing a flood. The resulting damage will require you to undertake repair work costing thousands of dollars.
- If you move out of your house during a power outage, your home may be vulnerable to robbers. And it can cost you a fortune to replace your valuable items.
What is a Home Backup Generator?
A home backup generator is a cost-effective, long-term, permanent, and a turnkey solution when the power goes out. It is an independent source of power during a power outage, and it makes use of a transfer switch that senses the loss of power and immediately sends a signal to start the generator. The electrical load is instantly transferred to the generator and the entire process is automated. It is usually installed outside a house, much similar to an AC unit.
How is it Beneficial?
There are many advantages of investing in a residential standby generator during a Dallas power outage.
- As soon as the power goes out, the generator turns on and provides your home with an uninterrupted supply of electricity.
- When mother nature strikes, for example in the form of a storm or the grid going out, you don’t have to worry about powering your basic lighting systems, heaters, refrigerators, and the thermostat.
- It provides a good return on your investment as it prevents financial losses that are associated with power outages. For example, a standby generator will be able to effectively run your refrigerator and freezer, thereby averting the threat of rotten food. You can ease the burden on your wallet by not spending the night in a hotel or a motel. The basement sump pump, the heating system, and the thermostat will be functional, preventing the pipes from freezing and bursting, especially in winters.
- They can power a home for many days after an outage.
- There might be surges and voltage fluctuations when the utility power comes back on, which can damage electrical appliances. In such cases, backup generators can protect them.
- It will keep your home and family safe during a power outage by deterring robbers and intruders.
If you want to be prepared for when your power goes out here in Dallas, let’s talk: 214-207-0506
Your Dallas Commercial Generator Questions ANSWERED!
We get lots of questions from business owners about Commercial generators. How does it look? Will installation affect my business? What is the ROI?
We created a video to help answer all of your questions:
By the way, someone asked what a commercial generator looks like at a business location, so below is a photo of one of our installs.
We make every effort to help your new commercial generator blend in with your business. For instance, in our most recent installation, we created a wall and covered it with materials to match the building.
I’m Ryan Rendleman of Verdegy. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Call 214-207-0506 for a free estimate for your Dallas commercial generator.
They say that every good business is born out of need. I had a situation in my life that made me realize the need for a home standby generator.
After a bit of prodding, I finally got on camera for to tell my home generator story. Enjoy the video and make sure to share it with your friends.
I believe the more people who know about home generators that more people will be helped when the power goes out. We all know how crazy storms can be here in Dallas.
In this video, Ryan shares how a home generator works in his backyard here in Dallas.
Watch as Ryan turns on the generator from his smartphone and see how quickly it can turn on when you power goes out.
Generally, your home generator will kick in in about 15 seconds after the power goes out.
Dallas is known for big things including storms. Make sure to share this info with your friends. You don’t want them to be without power when a huge storm hits Dallas.
In this video, Ryan shows you his home standby generator in his backyard right here in Dallas.
You can see how a home generator connects to your home and how it works when the power goes out.
Make sure you share this with your friends so they can see how easy a home standby generator can work for them.